- I am happy to accept electronic or hard copy books for review, but I do not accept self published books. I prefer Kindle formatted ebooks.
- I will post reviews on specific dates when my schedule allows (for blog tours, etc). Please allow 2-3 months notice for these types of requests.
- Please send all review requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, I cannot accept every review request that I receive, but I do my best to accommodate as many requests as sound interesting to me and I have time to do justice to.
- If I accept your book for review, it doesn’t mean I am necessarily going to give it a positive review. But I will try to explain why the book isn’t working for me.
- My acceptance of a book also does not guarantee that I will finish the book. If this happens, I will explain in my post why I was unable to finish the book. I try to gauge as much as I can how successful a book will be with me before accepting review requests, but sometimes, you just don’t know. Please do browse the site before submitting a request so you’ll get a better feel for how I read.
I hold an MFA in Creative Writing and am a writer myself. I read widely, though, and below you’ll find some of my preferred interests:
- Contemporary / Literary Fiction
- Psychological Mysteries/Thrillers
- Cookbooks – though bear in mind I am a pescetarian. I do buy and use books that are not strictly vegetarian, or pescetarian, however, that latest and greatest BBQ sensation is probably not for me.
- Food Books – this is the one area in which I will consider nonfiction/memoir.
- Historical Fiction
- YA and New Adult – though YA books that are strictly romance themed are probably not a good choice for me.
Below you’ll find some kinds of books that I am just not the right reviewer for:
- Christian Books, or religious books of any kind
- Graphic Novels
- Self-Help and/or How-To
- Comic Books
- Children’s Books or Middle Grade Books
Don’t see your genre listed under either category? Query me, and I’ll let you know whether I think I’m a good fit for it or not.
The books reviewed on Bonne Bouche Books have been purchased by me or borrowed from a library prior to review unless otherwise stated in the post as being received from an author, publisher or company. I never receive any monetary compensation in return for a review unless otherwise stated, and agree to receive a complimentary copy of books only in exchange for an honest assessment, be it positive or negative.
0 Bees: Couldn’t get in to the book, and/or didn’t finish it.
1 Bee: I didn’t like this book — felt more like work than reading for pleasure.
2 Bees: This book had something I liked, but didn’t quite fulfill its promise. It was missing something, or, it didn’t play out the way I thought it would
3 Bees: This book was wasn’t great, but it wasn’t bad. I would probably not read it again, but it might suit certain readers.
4 Bees: This book was lovely.
5 Bees: I loved this book and will likely read it again. It has artistic merit.
5+ Bees, Now We’re Buzzing: A new favorite, and one I will unabashedly recommend. Its not only enjoyable, I think it has real literary and/or artistic merit.